Patios in Oxford
Come to Oxford and County Driveways for all of your patio installation needs!
Improving outdoor spaces and patios in Oxford since 1989
Oxford and Country – A background
Oxford and County are building specialists in outdoor space renovation and have been committed to installing quality patios in Oxford for over 30 years.
Our extensive client portfolio includes big name businesses such as Burger King,who employed us to renovate their drive-through lane, along with more local names such as the Chilton and Root One Garden Centres, both near Didcot.
Installing your patio – The process
But what does installing a patio entail? Please find our handy patio installation guide below:
- Planning – At this stage, it is essential to carefully plan what position your patio will be in, the access to the patio, if the area the needs to be levelled, if the patio needs to slope away from the house, the materials used (hardwood, softwood, or composite), what the patio will be used for and any obstructions to construction at the site. As experts in this field, Oxford and County would be more than happy to advise you in all stages of planning!
- Area Preparation – This stage focuses on disposal of existing surface debris, disposal of waste, removal of the topsoil layer to reach the sub-soil, adding in a sub-base layer (and then compacting said layer down), levelling the material off, then covering off in a bedding layer. We will be able to advise on the best bedding material to suit your patio project!
- Paving – Once the area has been expertly prepared, we will be able to install your chosen patio slab. The ease and speed of the process here entirely depends on the material chosen. Materials for use here can include, but are not limited to:
- Composite tiles
- Edging – Edging is dependent on the style of patio chosen, but can really complement and complete the look! Styles can include a coping stone edging, contoured stone edging, brickwork edging, or a kerb-stone edging. Oxford and County will be more than happy to recommend the type of edging which will be most suitable for your new patio!
- Sealing – The final step, and one that will protect your patio for years to come! Sealing creates a lower-maintenance surface that becomes easier to clean, harder to stain and more resistant to weed and moss growth. It also massively reduces sand loss from the joints.
Why choose Oxford and County for your patio?
We take immense pride in offering a bespoke and full service patio installation for all of our customers throughout Oxfordshire.
To make sure the process runs as smoothly as possible, we provide an initial no-obligation site-visit which ensures you, the customer, remain as in control as possible! All finalisations are also led entirely by you, so your patio installation will not be completed by our experts without your complete sign-off. We're here to create a patio that you can be proud of!